Sunday 3 March 2013

Jackie Savaria of In A Wink Web Design

My name is Jackie Savaria, and I’m a home-grown Capetonian with a beautiful Canadian surname – thanks to my lovely husband Bruno.
My webdesign career started many years ago when I was working for a big IT company in Cape Town.

After the birth of my first child, we moved to Worcester, looking for a more peaceful lifestyle. I was offered a position as IT Programming teacher at the Pioneer School for the Blind. This challenge was huge – as I knew a lot of programming, but VERY little of disabilities. However, I soon learnt the importance of understanding disabilities when programming (we taught HTML, JavaScript, Visual Basic and C++ over a year period to an average of 5 blind students). It was clear to me that its ‘easy’ to write a program or website, but much more difficult to ensure that the program and website is accessible to people with disabilities.

It was a great learning curve, and also the start of my passion for creating websites that are in fact coded according to W3C principles, and tested for accessibility with the necessary adaptive software. I truly believe in doing things right the first time, and therefore we take absolute care in our designs – be it in understanding our client’s needs, learning about our client’s product in order to deliver the most appropriate end result or designing for our client’s audience. At In A Wink we understand that your website is one of your most important marketing tools. It is therefore designed to reflect your style and to market your product effectively. You will be proud to refer your clients to it.
We include SEO (Search Engine Optimization) principles during design, which simply means that we want the search engines like Google& Yahoo to rate your website as high as possible. We also follow the necessary web standards, which will make your website accessible to people with disabilities – something that is close to our hearts. Focusing on the smaller company, home based business or individuals you are sure to get personalised services at all times.
You can contact us on jackie@inawink.co.za"> jackie@inawink.co.zafor more details and an initial meeting to discuss your needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment